Makes about 2 cups
6 cloves garlic, unpeeled ½ tablespoon olive oil ⅓ cup raw cashews (40 grams) 2 cups cauliflower florets (210 grams) 1¾ cups vegetable stock 1 tsp nutritional yeast ¼ teaspoon white pepper ½ teaspoon salt Your pasta of choice (I used Gluten-Free Sweet Potato Gnocchi) but it even tastes good over grilled chicken.
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Rub oil into unpeeled garlic cloves and wrap in tinfoil. Roast for 30–40 minutes, until garlic is soft and can be pushed out of its skin.
3. Meanwhile, add cashews, cauliflower, and vegetable stock to a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, then add nutritional yeast, pepper, and salt. Simmer for 20 minutes and carefully add ½ of mixture to your Vitamix (make sure this includes at least one cup of the stock.) blend on High for 90–180 seconds.
4. When the garlic is done roasting and you have squeezed the cloves out of their skin, add them to the Vitamix along with remaining cauliflower mixture. Again, blend on High for 90–180 seconds. Add salt as needed.
5. If you want it thinner, you can always add a little water, 2 tablespoons at a time.
6. Serve warm over pasta or polenta or chicken if on a lower carb diet.
Isabela Fortes is a
Board Certified Holistic Health Expert, Functional Diagnostic Nutrition Practitioner
Certified Iyengar Yoga Teacher Level II
Certified Yoga Therapist
She teaches and work with clients in Southern California and Virtually anywhere in the world.
APPLY HERE to work with Isabela 1:1